With 140+ educational sessions, 2,000 professional peers, inspirational keynotes, and a venue like the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, we want to ensure your time at our first ever Community Brands conference, Xperience 2018, is well spent! Here are five suggested must-dos for accounting, finance, and operations professionals:
1. Review Helpful Information
- Letter for your boss that helps justify your attendance
- Registration information that includes options for Full Conference, Executive, Sponsor, and Speaker passes
- Travel information, which also includes a discounted room rate – book today!
- Questions can be emailed to our Events Team at email@example.com
2. Set up Your Customized Agenda
Select your own personal education pathway with a filtered-driven Sessions agenda. Quickly find the topics, accreditations, and events each day that interest you. This online tool is easy to use and will ensure you don’t miss anything tailored to your specific needs!
3. Determine the Most Beneficial Breakout Sessions for You
There are 23 accounting- and finance-related sessions from which to choose, but we’ve identified several key sessions below you won’t want to miss!
- MIP Fund Accounting™ Roadmap Session – Sunday, May 6 @ 5:15 p.m.
Get an in-depth look at the latest features and enhancements of the past year, what we’re working on for upcoming releases, and what’s on the roadmap. Hear firsthand from Community Brands EVPs and product managers about our product strategy and accelerated innovation. We’ll discuss our investments in integrations, improved user and constituent experiences, and the future of association and nonprofit technology.
- Solving Real-World Problems with MIP Fund Accounting™ Allocation Codes and Distribution Codes: A Case Study – Monday, May 7 @ 3 p.m.
Attend this hands-on lab to learn how to solve real-world issues using MIP Fund Accounting™. In this session, we’ll provide an overview of allocation codes and distribution codes and examine how to generate tangible performance measures using a combination of distribution codes and allocation codes.
- Family Feud: Analyst Edition – Tuesday, May 8 @ 10:45 a.m.
Come be part of the audience in this duel between two teams of analysts. Be part of the action by asking support analysts your most off-the-wall accounting questions. The team with the most points at the end of the hour wins a prize!
- Making the Most of Your MIP Fund Accounting™ Support Resources – Tuesday, May 8 @ 3 p.m.
You have a question or run into a mysterious result with your MIP Fund Accounting™ software, and you need help. What’s the best way to get that help? There are many resources available to you, and you may not be aware of all of them. Take part in a discussion about the ways in which you, as a user, can get support for your software. The time you save could be your own.
- Getting to Know MIP Advance™ – Tuesday, May 8 @ 4:15 p.m.
Have you heard the name MIP Advance™ and wondered what the buzz is about? Join us to learn more about our latest true fund accounting™ product. This session will include a demonstration of current functionality in bank reconciliation, accounts payable, dashboards, reporting, and an overview of best practices for using this web-based product.
- Financial Leadership Roundtable – Wednesday, May 9 @ 10:45 a.m.
Come listen in as our customer panel of CFOs and finance leaders discusses hot topics affecting their organizations today. Topics might include tax reform and how it affects their organizations; best practices in running a finance department; challenges with growth; and how they balance their cause with fiscal responsibility and compliance.
4. Have a Little Fun!
In addition to learning while you’re Xperiencing – we also recommend these fun networking events:
- Welcome Reception – Sunday, May 6 @ 7 p.m.
- Breakfast, lunch, and keynotes – Available daily
- Community Brands Night of Heroes – Tuesday, May 8 @ 6:30 p.m.
5. Submit a 2018 Innovation Award Entry
Lastly, if you haven’t heard about our 2018 Innovation Award, check out the details for how to submit an entry, how winners are selected, and innovation examples. Whether it’s making health care more accessible through mobile apps or improving ways to raise funds for cancer research, we know our clients are working hard every day to accomplish their missions and make lasting changes in the world.
We also know that more and more, technology is becoming an integral part of this effort. We at Community Brands want to recognize the associations and nonprofits that are using technology in creative and innovative ways to positively impact social change. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MIDNIGHT, NEXT SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2108.
We hope these must-sos are helpful, as we want all our attendees to have enough time to learn, network, and make new memories! Plus, and most importantly, we hope they enable you to hit the ground running when you return home. Join us and discover new skills to be the best in any role, at any level.