This year’s AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference is focused on the pursuit of possibilities for your organization. Personally, I’m definitely in pursuit of knowledge and much more as I prepare to pack my bags and digest the vast list of conference sessions.
Designed to unite certified public accountants (CPAs) and finance professionals who work across the nonprofit industry, the three-day conference is packed with topics and sessions spanning nonprofit accounting, audit, tax, and regulatory compliance.
With compliance and funding requirements increasing, and donor perceptions evolving, the show is sure to be abuzz with how to overcome such challenges so organizations can continue to thrive.
Here are some of the key sessions and can’t miss events on my list for the AICPA Not-for-Profit Conference:
- Pre-Conference Workshops – Whether an industry novice or veteran, the pre-conference workshop sessions are packed with great content. Top three workshops to attend on my list are definitely the “ACA Deep Dive,” “Survey Says: Top Five Challenges Facing Today’s CFO,” and the afternoon session titled, “State of the Profession.”
- Welcome Reception – Sponsored by our team here at Abila! Come to the Gaylord National Convention Center Exhibit Hall Monday, June 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. to kick off the conference, enjoy a few libations, light hors d’oeuvres, and networking.
- Poll the CFOs – Listed as a favorite session of attendees, this interactive discussion will cover many of the top issues currently faced by nonprofits, straight from nonprofit CFOs themselves.
- Debits on the Left, Credits on the Right and Other Accounting Challenges – My colleague Dan Murphy will share many of the findings and challenges uncovered by Abila’s recent Nonprofit Finance & Accounting Study. Catch this session on Tuesday, June 28 at 10:45 a.m. Please check the conference program for location.
- Hot Topics From Audit Risk Alert – As audit season closes out for 2015, this session will help take a strategic look at what important issues and trends will drive auditors and management teams in 2016. Before you go, don’t miss our own Nonprofit Audit Pocket Guide as an initial intro and refresh to all things audit for nonprofit organizations.
- Form 990 Deep Dive: Pitfalls – Form 990s are a hot topic it seems, year after year. This session will cover many of the challenges with the Form 990 nuances, as well as how to use the Form 990 to its full advantage as a PR and brand awareness tool.
There are so many more sessions to catch and must-see events to attend but don’t forget to check your official AICPA swag bag upon arrival and come by Abila Booth #209 anytime from Monday through Wednesday to unlock your true fund accounting™ potential and our lockbox packed with cool prizes and giveaways.
The countdown begins! See you in Washington!