We’re officially half way through August and as a nonprofit professional, that means it’s “GO TIME!” From now through December, nonprofit organizations like yours will be vying for attention (and dollars) from your biggest advocates, donors, and corporations. From email campaigns to social media there are many ways to magnify your voice, however, it doesn’t happen overnight.
As a vetted pro, one of the biggest challenges you face is staying ahead of industry trends and best practices. Have you asked yourself:
Go ahead, print those bad boys out and pin them to your cork board as a reminder to continuously push yourself and your organization to compete with some of the best in the industry, and increase your own skills – particularly to excel during the EOY fundraising season.
Aside from self-reflection, there are a few applicable ways to continue learning, growing, and empowering your organization during this critical time:
- Whitepapers: Many companies provide whitepapers and guides to help you establish strategies in a step-by-step manner. These resources are great to have at your desk and reference on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Webinars: Companies spend thousands on industry-specific research to help you develop a strategy and continue learning. Most importantly, webinars can provide a new perspective and share forthcoming trends. If you’re interested, we’ve got a few webinars coming up that will do just that: Preparing Your Nonprofit for EOY Success and Tips for Capitalizing EOY Giving Cycles.
- Case Studies: Yes, yes, yes! Case studies are the best way to learn from similar organizations in your industry without spending the dollars. You can learn about best practices, get inspired, and gain insights into what NOT to do.
- Blogs: Subscribing to blogs really adds perspective into your industry’s trends. Today, more than ever, organizations are providing personalized content through blogs that can be applicable to your organization.
- Industry News: Google Alerts are truly the best. Reading industry-related content daily not only keeps you in the know, it also keeps you from repeating the campaigns of your competition. If you don’t know how to set them up, we’ve got you covered.